To create a $1000 Look you need to add to your daily facial regimen specialized products that focus on particular skin issues and/or certain parts of your body. Part I focuses on products for the eyes!
Eye Creams That Treat Wrinkles Are Fantastic!
The skin around the eyes is the thinnest most-delicate skin on the face, which requires specialized products. For example, there are eye creams that create firmer skin. As our skin ages it loses moisture and becomes dry and porous. This is bad! When in this state the skin’s natural barrier is damaged, which doesn’t allow it guard our face against free radicals.
A firming eye cream can better protect the skin and counteract environmental damage. Look for eye creams with collagen-enhancing peptides, which revitalize skin cells for firmer skin, and soothing botanical extracts that prepare the skin for moisturization, creating a more even skin tone. For example:
1. Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3 and Palmitoyl Oligopeptide are amino acids and peptides & their derivatives. They are used to create healthy skin and are the building blocks for collagen.
2. Aloe Leaf Extract serves as a moisturizer, which conditions and smoothes the skin by adding, attracting, or retaining moisture. It also functions as a calming and soothing property.
Since I’ve been using a firming eye cream, I have noticed that the skin around my eyes is more moisturized and healthy-looking. And I don’t even have wrinkles! Before the eye cream, my eyes looked dry, porous, and a bit cracked.
And for dark circles & puffiness?
These conditions can be caused by several issues, e.g. environmental exposure, UV ray damage, aging, external irritants, and excess melanin. The best ingredients for treating dark circles and puffiness around the eyes are antioxidants, soothing agents, and conditioning & toning agents. One of the eye products that I’ve had the greatest success with contains the following ingredients:
- Citrus Peel: an antioxidant that reduces the appearance of dark circles, protects the skin and aids in maintaining the natural support barrier, and reduces irritation produced by environmental agents.
- Cucumber and Oat Kernal extracts: soothing agents that calm and soothe the skin as well as reduce irritation.
- Gotu Kola: a conditioner and toner agent that protects the skin and helps it to maintain its natural barrier and increases microcirculation to help keep excess fluid from settling under the eyes.
Make sure the eye products that you use are hypoallergenic, safe for sensitive skin, and clinically tested. If you wear contacts, be sure your product states that it’s safe for you to use. I use my eye products twice daily (morning and before bed) for the best results.
I suggest these two types of eye products for all ladies regardless of whether they have wrinkles, dark circles, puffiness or not. Remember that preventative care is just important as treating a condition that you already have! In fact, you’re less likely to have the condition if you treat it before it shows up.
Please feel free to post a comment about what I’ve written above to share your knowledge and/or experiences. You can also fill out the form on to the right side of my home page if you wish to have more direct contact.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!