There are different types of facial skin care products that will exfoliate your skin. There are products that you can use daily; these are typically gentler on the face. And then there are microdermabrasion products, which are for advanced or deep exfoliation. Microdermabrasion products were typically used at the spa or the dermatologist’s office. Now, it is sold as an over-the-counter skin care product that we can use at home.
Because it is considered to be a deep exfoliation product, microdermabrasion should be used every 2 to 3 days, not daily. The advantages of adding microdermabrasion to your skin care regimen is that it immediately fights fine lines, refines pores, and achieves beautiful young-looking skin:
- It feeds and nourishes the skin from below through increased microcirculation. This brings oxygen to the top of the skin to stimulate circulation creating a healthy, more radiant glow.
- It reduces the appearance of pores by effectively removing the dead skin cells that naturally form inside and around the outer edge of every pore.
Microdermabrasion is a two-step process. After using the advanced exfoliation product on your face, it should be followed up with a replenishing serum that is immediately absorbed into the skin to instantly smooth and soften. This second step should be a lightweight, opalescent serum that:
- Feeds and nourishes the skin from above, aids in the rejuvenation process, and protects against environmental pollutants.
- Soothes the skin, and helps to bring it back in balance.
- Prepares the skin for the next step in skin care.
The best microdermabrasion products should contains key ingredients such as alumina which gently remove dead surface skin cells and glycerin to help hydrate the skin and enhance the efficacy of the alumina.
It should also contain camellia leaf extract which is an antioxidant that helps to protect the skin from the damaging effects of free radicals. It should also have calming and smoothing properties, and provide a mild astringent to help tone the skin. Make sure that your microdermabrasion product has vitamins C and E, which are great antioxidants for the skin.
Who Needs Microdermabrasion?
People who have noticed that their skin isn’t as smooth or radiant as it once was. Anyone who wants younger, healthier, more radiant skin and immediate results! This product can be used for all skin types!
1. Typically you would use your microdermbrasion product after using your cleanser. This product is not be used on or around the eyes or lips! After applying step one (microdermabrasion), rinse with warm water – do not use a towel as the crystal beads will get into the towel and you’ll end up exfoliating your skin each time you use the towel.
3. Use microdermabrasion 2 to 3 times a week waiting a two full days between application.
3. Do NOT follow with acne treatment products.
4. Delicate skin may require less frequent use.
What are your favorite mircodermabrasion products? Post your comment below.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!